Protective layer over Satinwood paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all..

Decided to redo my computer desk like 4/5 months ago.. wanted a nice satin black finish so used 'Dulux Quick Dry Satinwood Black' with a white Dulux undercoat.. sanded in between each layers..

This looked perfect, exactly how i was wanting it and I was very pleased except that overtime the general use of a keyboard and other things I found it scratched a lot to show the undercoat.. even though it had 3 layers on it and was sanded lightly in between all layers..

Is there a protective layer varnish or product that you can put over satinwood paint? that will work well against scratches etc and still keep it satin/matt and not glossy..

Thanks for your help in advance..

Sponsored Links
Ah right yeh, i was reading into polyurethane.. some say it can work over painted wood fine, although others say it doesnt..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back