proterm 80e and new thermostat

D

d4vidl33

hi chaps

I have moved into a new house recently and it has a proterm 80e bolier and a honeywell T6360B thermostat in the living room. I am looking to replace the thermostat with a honeywell cm901 programmable thermostat but I im not sure about a few things.

I have three wires coming from the wall, first off the earth is there but has been snipped back leaving just a brown and a blue wire. On the current honeywell term the brown goes to terminal 3 and the blue to 1.

I have looked at the cm901 install guide but the wiring diagrams I just dont understand.

Any help would be great.

Dave

Sponsored Links
I expect that the T6360 wouldn’t work very well because you have no neutral connection going to it to allow the anticipator to function. You can simply connect the brown and blue wires to A and B on the CM901 and you should get a much improved temperature control.

I think that the T6360 is a bellows type.

Generally they still give quite good performance even if the anticipator is not connected.

Its the bimetallic types which rely on the anticipator to turn them off and often are pretty poor in their performance.

Tony

But hang on, chaps, isn't Dave getting rid of the Honeywell T6360B bellows stat?

As for the CM901, it's battery powered, with a volts-free changeover contact rated at up to mains voltage. Very versatile.

So, all you need to do is connect your two wires to terminals A and B, either way round ;)

Take the usual safety precautions, as you're potentially dealing with mains voltages here (no pun intended).

Sponsored Links
thanks guys very helpful information, I work in IT so central heating is certainly not my forte.

So just to confirm can the wires go either way round or are they specific like mentioned in a previous reply?

thanks in advance for the replies.

hi chaps,

just about to buy the new thermostat and noticed i said honeywell cm901 it is actaully the cmt901 my mistake.

I take it the same replies still stand. wires either way round?

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back