Protherm 100E combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all,

I wonder if anyone can help, I have a wonderful Protherm 100E combi boiler, (not another junk one out there).

The problems I have is that the pressure drops over a day or 2 to just over the 1 bar.

Heating wise no problems at all, it’s the water heating that is. I turn the hot controller on the boiler to full and turn the taps on downstairs and is fairly hot, and upstairs in the bathroom it’s no where as near as hot and lukewarm really.

Could this be the water matrix?, and do I need a corgi bloke in to fix it, if so what kind of bill would I be looking at?.

Many thanks for any help or advice

Sponsored Links
1, if the pressure has dropped to 1bar what the heck was it on before :eek:

2, try not opening the taps upstairs fully, try the about half way to fully on. Does this make a difference

Hi Corgiman,

well the pressure was about 2bar, then dropped back down to just over the 1, which i think it is how it should be set.

with the taps on upstairs about half a turn the water still is pretty cold, any ideas?.

Many thanks

Will look it up later, but be aware that the
Protherm 100E
is not the same boiler at all as the
Protherm 100e
:rolleyes:
SOunds like the diaphragm action is worth checking if it's the one which has one!

Sponsored Links
Hi Chris,

I'll double check tonight if it's a 100E or 100e, many thanks

Morning,

I've checked the boiler and it's a 100e not a 100E.

I also tried the tap on upstairs at a trickle and the hot water is very very hot!, but with the tap full open it's cold, hope this helps.

Many thanks

hi Chris,

the boiler is a 100e, does this have a diaphragm action?.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back