Proud to be...

J

jarvis2

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines
one year ago, you would have £49.00 today.

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you would have £33.00 today.

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you would have £0.00 today.

But, if you had purchased £1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminium cans for recycling refund, you would have received £214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle.

A recent study found that the average Brit walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found that Brits drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means that, on average, Brits get about 41 miles to the gallon!

Makes you proud to be British!!!
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you would have £33.00 today.

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you would have £0.00 today.

But, if you had purchased £1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminium cans for recycling refund, you would have received £214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle.

Makes you proud to be British!!!:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You're being very silly Jarvis.

On the 29th September 2010, £1000 would have bought you 8,628 shares in Delta Airlines. Those shares, on the 27th September 2011 would be worth about £702, this does not take into account any dividend that may have been paid, nor fees/charges incurred in selling/buying those shares.

I can't be bothered to check the rest of your imagination.
Come back MM, all is forgiven.

Makes you proud to be British!!!:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You're being very silly Jarvis.

On the 29th September 2010, £1000 would have bought you 8,628 shares in Delta Airlines. Those shares, on the 27th September 2011 would be worth about £702, this does not take into account any dividend that may have been paid, nor fees/charges incurred in selling/buying those shares.

I can't be bothered to check the rest of your imagination.
Come back MM, all is forgiven.

You are one sad person, how in God's holy name did you mistake a joke for a serious post.

Or do you sadly believe that a joke has to be factually correct.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's normally a tenner for 12 cans. so a Grand will get you 1200 cans.

That works out to around 17p a can recycling. The average empy beer can is 17 grammes At £50 per tonne scrap you'd need 58,823 empty cans to weigh a tonne and get your £50.

But at 17p a can that works out to £9999 a tonne scrap value.

Now I know fat Dave the scrappie by us is a bit tight but I very much doubt he'll want to fork out anything over £50 a tonne ;)

Sponsored Links

If you did that you would have been an absolute IDIOT considering the bank collapsed in 2008 !!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

You are one sad person, how in God's holy name did you mistake a joke for a serious post.

Or do you sadly believe that a joke has to be factually correct.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It wasn't funny. It was imagination taken to extreme lengths. It was designed to assume that your audience are illiterate and incapable of a little research.

8.Life experience is a critical variable in the humor equation. Something you thought was funny or playful as a child might seem stupid today. In fact, if it were funny then, it\'s almost certain to be anything but funny today. Why? Because your sense of what\'s amusing changes over time based on life experiences. Or, there\'s something wrong with your medial ventral prefrontal cortex.
http://www.seekwellness.com/wellness/reports/2002-10-18.htm

But really a "killjoy" attack on a light hearted post.
Most here can research, maybe not as well as our incumbent insomniac.

Getting rather common here recently.

Mebbe, a kiljoy attack, but I saw it as a puerile attempt at humour.
Each to his own, I guess.

Do not get me wrong, I did find the accountability of the suggestions amusing.
It was the boring rhetoric after that really killed it all for me.
Then again what else is a forum for ?

Sorry, but for me the accountability of the suggestions were so obviously wildly out as to be seriously not funny, in the slightest. I only did the minimal checking on the first statement just to re-assure myself.

Some of the aditional posts obviously indicated that all of the accountability was based on ludicrous imagination. That's not funny, except when you're drunk or stoned.

Sponsored Links
Back