Pseudomonas found in Altnagelvin Hospital tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
'It said the tap was dismantled and cleaned and subsequently retested and found to be clear of Pseudomonas'.

Anyone know how this happens. Is this bacteria in the mains water or stored water or is it passed from hands onto the tap handle spread into the mechanics of the tap! :eek:

I remember those drinking water fountains that we used to drink from. God knows what must have been lurking in those. :)

Sponsored Links
I remember those drinking water fountains that we used to drink from. God knows what must have been lurking in those. :)
That was in the good old dirty days when we built up resistance to almost everything.

I quite agree with your sentiment for us old codgers, but this event happened in the neo-natal unit, where resistance has not yet been built up.

Sponsored Links
acording to some chemical bods we deal with,the bug is common in homes.in this instance the taps were the sensor types and the poor flow that this type of tap creates was the cause,as the bugs were not flushed coupled to the fact new borns have little or no resistance to infection.if you have a shower head look at the pink scum around the outlet thats the bug. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back