PU underlay or Envirofelt?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've read that when it comes to underlay, it's better to spend as much as you can afford as you get what you pay for. From what I've read felt/wool seems to be more suitable to stairs and landings than PU, albeit less bounce. (I've eliminated crumb rubber as I don't want it too firm.)

I've recently used Envirofelt 42 on a staircase and Tredaire Dreamwalk in a bedroom but neither get heavy traffic so haven't been put to the test. I'm about to do a staircase and floorboarded landing that will get heavy wear and I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing. I was going to increase the thickness this time and get Envirofelt 50. It's about 68p p.sq.m cheaper than the same thickness PU so is the quality not as good? I've read you get what you pay for and should spend as much as you can afford. (Axfelt is out of my league.)

Also will my 8mm heavy duty stapler be enough for 11mm thickness? Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back