Public Drain Blocked - Sewage Flooded Underfloor

Easy to remove - that's good news.

I agree, it's a stupid place for a manhole. I think the section running from the neighbouring property through my house may have existed prior to that part of my house being build, and short of rerouting the existing section, there would have been no choice. A long long time ago, my property and the neighbouring property were all part of the same private estate that probably contributed to the decision. Easier to do a **** job on your own land, than reroute into the main public sewer on a busy road.

Not entirly sure about this being a better lid. Maybe sturdier, but the old one a least was a fit for the clay chamber and managed to hold back multiple similar drain issues (resulting in a flooded street rather than house) before finally giving up. To me at least, this kind of fitting seems quick, well, leaky.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back