Public Liability Insurance?

ban-all-sheds said:
securespark said:
Always answer the phone with the company name, and if you are out, consider forwarding the landline to a mobile. Costs 30p per minute for the priv., but how many customers just ditch the phone when they get a recording? It may take a few mins out of your day, but it pays its way for me.

But don't answer the mobile when you're working. Self employed or not, if someone is in my house, being paid to do work for me, then that is what he does, not talk to his other customers or prospects.

Family/friend emergency situations - fair enough, but nothing else.

When I am in a meeting with a customer I turn my mobile off - anything else is rude.

lol,

You could see him counting the minutes if some-one was to work in his house......Must admit when I did work on the tools I got this women who didn't pay for time I was outside, ie getting dust sheets out of the van and taking dusty overalls off after being in the loft....I did not have a cup of tea just in case.......

Sponsored Links
Damn......Its saying I need to ba able to ride a 125CC Scooter.....the Hayabusa is going back......

Ban

You daft begger!!! I don't charge the customers for the 1 minute I spend talking to Customer B.......

and I turn the phone off when in a meeting (do you mean when you're talking to them? In a meeting sounds a bit officey......)

Sponsored Links
Ban all sheds, are you seriously expecting a contractor or tradesman working in your time not to answer his mobile. You are effectively saying you have to finish my job then go home and hope all the people who rang you for a quote will ring you back when you get home. People who ring a tradesman and don't get an answer will put the phone down and immediately ring another who will answer. Not very good for business you see, unless of course you can keep the man concerned in a full time job all year round then I'm sure he'll be happy to hand you the phone for 'safe keeping ' until home time !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back