Pulsacoil 2000 Timer Not Working Correctly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a 2 bedroom flat which is electric only.
I have a Pulsacoil 2000 boiler which is for hot water only.

I stopped getting hot water in my flat and realised this is due to the smaller tank on top was bone dry! After filling this up - i checked turned on the boost option, and it worked fine.
However - no hot water in the morning.

I called a plumber out who had no idea what it was, or how it worked! He changed 2 fuses over - to find that this made no difference, and put it back as it was.

I was then visited by another plumber who advised that he had never seen such a boiler! However, he managed to find a small back clip on the economy 7 heating element that needed to be pushed in as it had tripped. Hey presto - i tricked the timer to think it is 3am and the water started heating.

So now i can get hot water via the economy 7 and the boost.

However - i have found that the ecomony 7 water heater seems to come on at non standard times.
The timer is programmed to come on between 12 - 8am. The lights on the timer come on as they should - but i have noticed the boiler making a sound when it shouldnt (ie during the day - and peak rates) and have found the lights to be off - but the boiler is working.
I havent managed to work out if it comes on the same time everyday as i havent had a chance to say by the boiler for 24 hours a day

Can anyone help or suggest anything please?

Many thanks

PS - Please note that i am not a plumber or technical person - but am not stupid :) I am just someone who has been made redundant and trying not to fork out a fortune for something that i can get help with and maybe fix with the help of a friend

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back