Pulsacoil 2000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I moved into a flat on Saturday. When I arrived both immersions for the Pulsacoil were on, they must have been on for quite a while. There was lukewarm water coming from the taps.

However I had no hot water. My landlord sent round an electrician on Monday who replaced both thermostats and got the system working. He said that a current was being delivered to them but was not coming back out.

Today I found that there was no hot water again. The top immersion works and is hot (It hadn't been used untill today), but the bottom one which was set to come on over night didn't work ( this is on a manually set timer rather than a seperate economy 7 supply).

The eletrician returned and replaced the thermostat again, immediately it tripped out. He has turned down the temperature on it, hopefully it will work.

However I do not want to be constantly pressing the reset button on it.
Has anyone else had these problems? Is it something other than the thermostat?

Green light is on and red light on circuit board is flashing normally.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It sounds like there could be a faulty batch of stats, with the control stat having failed. It should be set for 72C.

You shouldn't have to keep re-setting it.

Did he use a genuine stat/rod from Gledhill?

As this is the bottom stat. I have to wonder how it would be possible for the water around it to be hot enough to trip it out anyway. :confused:

Thank's for the reply.

Don't think it genuine, however the one that was orginally removed on Monday wouldn't be from the same batch as the 2 put in more recently.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back