Pulsacoil 2000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I know the Gledhill Pulsacoil is not a much loved water heater, but I have an issue with mine which I need a little help with.

In the morning, there is only about 5 minutes of hot water when I shower. I have to use the boost to get more. What would you suggest I change first.

I am thinking of changing the bottom rod stat as it is only on the main E& cycle that the issue is but is it likely to be this or the immersion? My thoughts are that , as its getting hot, the immersion must be working.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
To be able to comment on your problem I need to know a lot more!

Is it on off peak timed for night?

If not what times are the bottom element set for?

How long does it remain heating for when its powered until the internal turns it off?

Tony

To be able to comment on your problem I need to know a lot more!

Is it on off peak timed for night?

If not what times are the bottom element set for?

How long does it remain heating for when its powered until the internal turns it off?

Tony
Thanks Tony, Yes, the bottom element is on off peak for 8 hours. Its been working fine, but now only heats enough water for a quick shower
Ian

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony, Yes, the bottom element is on off peak for 8 hours. Its been working fine, but now only heats enough water for a quick shower
Ian

You say that, but it cannot be true!

The bottom stat will heat the whole cylinder to the full temperature.

That is obviously not happening!

The question is what is turning it off prematurely !

Tony

Ian

You say that, but it cannot be true!

The bottom stat will heat the whole cylinder to the full temperature.

That is obviously not happening!

The question is what is turning it off prematurely !

Tony
Interesting Tony but I assure you, the bottom element is linked to the E7 tariff and gives only 5 minutes of hot water before I have to turn the boost on. Could a dodgy rod stat turn it off?

There could be several reasons! Thats why engineers are so useful to diagnose what it is in your case!

It might be the stat. Or there could be deep sludge covering the element ! Or if the element is powered via the PCB that could be turning it off for some reason.

There could be several reasons! Thats why engineers are so useful to diagnose what it is in your case!

It might be the stat. Or there could be deep sludge covering the element ! Or if the element is powered via the PCB that could be turning it off for some reason.

Engineers in Watford that understand Gledhill equipment are as rare as hens teeth!

Hens do sometimes have teeth.

But much of Watford is a parking nightmare, even when the football is not on.

Its also a real pain dealing with one seriously sludged up! Not helped by some customer's expectations that they should be fixed for £30.

The Watford Screwfix are polite and helpful and my doctor in West Watford is good even though the surgery is annoyingly unwilling to communicate by email or telephone and seem to think that snail mail is the only way to contact anyone.

Tony

Hens do sometimes have teeth.

But much of Watford is a parking nightmare, even when the football is not on.

Its also a real pain dealing with one seriously sludged up! Not helped by some customer's expectations that they should be fixed for £30.

The Watford Screwfix are polite and helpful and my doctor in West Watford is good even though the surgery is annoyingly unwilling to communicate by email or telephone and seem to think that snail mail is the only way to contact anyone.

Tony

Willing to pay Tony but finding someone is proving so difficult which is why I'm looking for an answer here.

Why are you asking about Watford when you are shown to be in Bournmouth?

I do boiler repairs in Watford without any problem if there is parking available.

Slight problem with the off peak element is that if its a wired system with a radio switch then its not possible to test it during the daytime.

Thats not a problem with the ones driven by a customer timeclock that can be over ridden.

Tony

Why are you asking about Watford when you are shown to be in Bournmouth?

I do boiler repairs in Watford without any problem if there is parking available.

Slight problem with the off peak element is that if its a wired system with a radio switch then its not possible to test it during the daytime.

Thats not a problem with the ones driven by a customer timeclock that can be over ridden.

Tony

Tony

I can drop you a message on here to arrange, can you allow me to sent you one?

Ian

You should email or telephone me from the details in my profile!

Dont leave any voicemails but you can send texts.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back