Puma 100e DHW Flow Limiter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Puma 100e is fine on the CH but the DHW flow has reduced over a couple of weeks to a much lower flow rate. It was always a restricted flow for the first 30 secs or so as the water warmed up but now it doesn't increase.
Am I right in suspecting the DHW Thermostat/Flow Limiter Assembly has a part in it that I can remove to restore my flow?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
My Puma 100e is fine on the CH but the DHW flow has reduced over a couple of weeks to a much lower flow rate. It was always a restricted flow for the first 30 secs or so as the water warmed up but now it doesn't increase.
Am I right in suspecting the DHW Thermostat/Flow Limiter Assembly has a part in it that I can remove to restore my flow?
Thanks.

More likely to be the divertor valve or heat exchanger which neither (I beleive ) are now available for the 100e.
The divertor for these had a wax part in them that were terrible for sticking and it also had what Potterton claimed to be a unique heat exchanger.
If it is the Divertor you can sometimes strip them down and grease the wax up to free it again but it doesnt always work.
These were truly awful boilers along with the 80, with terrible design faults such as a open PCB (Great for electric shocks) which i have actually seen melt/set on fire infront of me.

Remove the cold water inlet isolator, remove the blockage and refit.

Sponsored Links
There is a metal gauze filter there in the horizontal parts of the pipework in a very difficult place to reach.

I remember having to sit on the floor under one with it dripping on my face. At least I had enough space to get underneath to work on it.

In theory it might also we the element that opens the flow when ht eoutput is warm but I have never seeen one fail.

It could also be a scaled DHW heat exchanger but again thats rare on this model ( unlike the similar Worcester model ).

Tony

http://www.onlineboilerspares.com/POTTERTON%20DIVERTER%20VALVE%2010/20351 :confused:

Thanks for that Kev (dont look much online for spares).
I spoke on the phone with Potterton the other day regarding the 80 as i needed a part number and they said i was lucky it was not the 100 as they no longer make parts for it.

Thanks for the replies, i'll have a look over the weekend.

As far as I recall the only part which is different on the Puma 100 is the fan.

I would be very surprised if that is not still available ( albeit at a very inflated price!)

Tony

As far as I recall the only part which is different on the Puma 100 is the fan.
Tony

and the ...............

Gas valve
Heat exchanger
Insulation pads front and rear
Air guide
Injector and washer
Burner assembly
Flue hood.................

OK, well a few parts which are not those which I would normally need to change.

Is the gas valve really different?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back