Pump constantly on, what could be wrong?

if you turn the power off to ya central heating at the fuse spur does the newer valve (the 1 with no resistance on the lever) spring back?

I have turned the power off to the system (as it's the only way to stop the pump) and the valve on the left has no resistance whereas the valve on the right springs back.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the no resistance valve is jammed on!

you should have a bit of resistance on the lever, isolate the power remove the head and check the spindle and the head isn't stuck

Sponsored Links
So the new valve has failed? Do they spring back to the right even when there is no power connected?

Here are the valves (with a dimple). Looks like there is one one screw to undo at the bottom of each valve?

2cijkg0.jpg

2h4yzw9.jpg

Single screw only hold cover on.

Inside are two diagonal screws which hold head onto valve body.

Valve is held in resting position by a spring.

Motor is powered and opens the valve and motor remains powered and stalls.

When motor is depowered the valve should return to the closed under the power of the spring!

Tony

Oh, I need not have bothered to explain if its already on youtube!

You can use a flat blade or a Torx ( I think its a T15 but not checked on that. )

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back