Pump Hum and poor Power Flush

We’ve got a magnacleanse and a jetflo powerflush machine.

I’ve used both or one or the other.

I find the magnets make little difference other than to show what’s being removed. But they add restrictions to the circuit so you are loosing performance from the machine.

Without the magnet the deposits are left in the bottom of the machine
63D09AC7-17F1-4061-83C6-5E55D1B7191A.jpeg
70E337EA-69DA-4089-8980-505A42101F41.jpeg
939A9E58-168D-4B0F-BC9A-6C845692A7A6.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Some blockages have to be physically removed but chemicals will normally do the trick as long as there is some flow

I think I probably have 2 or 3 mm of stuff on the pipe wall but the performance of all radiators is now excellent. If I stick a pipe brush through the bit I don't cut out will the dust left cause more problems?

Sponsored Links
It’s often necessary to vibrate rads and known blocked pipes with a mechanical device during a powerflush to encourage concretions to detach and dissipate... once in suspension the turbulence and chemicals are then able to break them down and dump them in the sump of the flushing machine.

is your TF1 connected last in line on the return to the boiler? If the ABV is last then this would allow the flow to bypass the filter and when the boiler is on pump overrun only, the debris getting stuck in your pump would be from the boiler exchanger and the pipework within that loop. The boiler exchanger on a vaillant is not the easiest to powerflush effectively due to the design. But if this debris is coming from there it shouldn't be too long before you will have most of out.

The ABV runs from just below the flow side of the pump and joins back again at a tee for the CH return. It then flows through the tee for the DHW return and finally through the TF1 filter. But hardly anything is being trapped in the filter, just a fine dust. I'm glad to hear that I might be getting to the end of the boiler debris. The pump this morning has slightly increased its noise. I'll leave it a couple more days and maybe run it briefly on speed 3 before another clean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back