Pump not stopping after boiler (Glowworm Ultimate) stops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler is Glow worm ultimate.

Seems to operate correctly and has boiler bypass valve part open

Just replaced electronic time switch as it seemed to have "died".

Thought this might solve the problem of pump run on.

There is continuous mains voltage on terminal "P" of boiler barrier strip.

Shoud this go to 0v after preset time ?

Mel and Matt :?:

Sponsored Links
I believe some ultimates operate pump overun on temp. not timed. which ultimate is it.

Its a 60FF and the pdf manual (downloaded) implies it operates on time (from the fault finding flowcharts.

How can I tell to make sure?

There are 4 neons and they all work so all should be OK - but!

The flow charts for pump run on imply I need a new PCB - but that's £70 -80

Mel

silly question is it fully pumped syst. if it is link between s/l and terminal 9 s/be removed or pump will run constantly.IF IT IS GRAVITY dhw then pump must be wired to control box not pcb

Sponsored Links
Hi again - yes it is a fully pumped system and link is not there.

If I disconnect the wire connected to "P" the pump does not recevie power so it is obviously related to this connection.

Yes - but £70 is a bit steep !

Thanks for your thoughts.

as pcb prices go not that expensive if you have wired in correctly can only be pcb no voltage on s/l but still working pump must be pcb . Replaced one the other day wires every where best to snip old wires and replace new like for like or you will get confused .good luck

Well....

I emailed Glow-Worm and they suggested making sure terminal "SL" really was at 0v when it should be - otherwise a microswitch fault.

It was at 240V - checked microswitches and one ws duff in that it seemed to allow sufficient leakage to fool the control PCB - replaced microswitch with maplin eq. (£1.75) and this cured problem !

Cheers.

Mel

You mean the microswitch in the motorised valve?

Ooooo kay, but if SL was at 240v why wasn't the boiler on?

Oi dusent follow.

Yes.

The pump was on all the time and the boiler did come on ocassionally as the water was being circulated via the bypass loop and loosing heat.

(this is my daughters heating system and as they are out at work / always busy they didn't notice the thing was on all of the time. it was only when I was doing some DIY I noticed the pump was on all day....)

Well....

I emailed Glow-Worm and they suggested making sure terminal "SL" really was at 0v when it should be - otherwise a microswitch fault.

It was at 240V - checked microswitches and one ws duff in that it seemed to allow sufficient leakage to fool the control PCB - replaced microswitch with maplin eq. (£1.75) and this cured problem !

Cheers.

Mel

Can you tell me which microswitch ?

£70.00 for a pcb steep, haaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh bump oops fell on floor laffing, your kidding, have you tried buying one for a worcester or an Ideal Eyesore...........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back