pump not working (grundfosnselectric )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
My central heating was workong fine the yesterday but today, when i turned it on ( apollo boiler with thermostat 400 ) the pump wasn/t turning, normally when water and heating is selected, the pump turns and the boiler fires, however this time there was nothing. The timer still ticks away and the pilot light is lit. Would anyone be kind enough to provide an idea to what has gone wrong, possibly and any fault finding measures i could take? I did have an engineer round recently to replace the gas valve and i can't afford another £££ til next month.
ANy suggestions greatly appreciated
Fp

Sponsored Links
Latley, i have noticed a 'medicinal 'smell in the airing cupboard. I took the programmer off and it has 5 pins that connect to the wall mounted plastic frame. The frame is marked N L 1 2 3 4 for the wire conections. connection 3 has melted, the burnt plastic woudd account for the smell. I dont really understand why, although there has been some history with this boiler when the TV supressor had a power surge and blew up. I will replace the switchmaster unit, it was a 400 series, is there any problem with using a 300 series? The 400 series has two switches , ( timed, off , constant) and (water, heating and water ). However it's not cheap, and I wouldn't want it to suffer the same, quick, uninsured fate.
If anyone see's an error here, with what i'm doing, please let me know.
Thanks
FP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back