Pump or PCB?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After getting good advice from the board about my pump continuing even though the timer etc had gone off, resulting in me having to turn the fuse off to get it to stop, most suggestions were it maybe the PCB within my Baxi Solo 3 boiler, yet the last 2 cycles of demand for HW the pump has gone off??

Does this mean the PCB may still have a fault, but intermittent, is this still a common Baxi boiler problem or have I an airlock in the system.

Any ideas

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the advice. I take it from that it will become obvious then? Or will my plumber (to be arranged) let me know.
I think they are just over £100 plus VAT + installation fee. Am I in the right ball park for when I start getting quotes?

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the advice. I take it from that it will become obvious then? Or will my plumber (to be arranged) let me know.
I think they are just over £100 plus VAT + installation fee. Am I in the right ball park for when I start getting quotes?

that is not the way it works.

if you were to ring me & ask for a quote to fit a specific part to a specific boiler & could give me all the relevant details i required, i would give you a quote.

bare in mind this has never happened ever.

if i were to fit the said part & it didn't rectify the fault i would still need to be paid.

you are now back to square 1 & out of pocket.

if you were to ring me to attend to the fault i would do so & my diagnostic work would be chargeable & you would have the benefit of my professional opinion. i would give you the price to replace the part + i would make you aware of any other possible problems that may or may not present themselves.

if you decided to dispense with my services at that point & fit the part yourself or arrange for someone else to do so. if the problem was not rectified. tough.

if i had returned & fitted the part i would guarantee (in your particular case) that the problem would be solved. if it wasn't i would be prepared to carry any extra expense myself.

in essence, just get a good qualified person in to do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back