Pump problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into my house in the summer and turned on the heating recently. The 2 downstairs rads next to the gas fire barely warm-up at all. The upstairs rads are hot apart from the bottom couple of inches which are cold. Hot water is fine. Doing my homework, suggests a pump problem. But where do I find this pump to check it out?

System is open, I think it\\\'s a back boiler. Also upstairs rads get hot when HW only is selected.

Any help - esp on the pump v. welcome.

Sponsored Links
SOunds scarily like sludge build up with "two inches at bottom of rads" but dont think this is the reason

Does the system have a three port vale if so that might be the problem there are loads of posts of them mate so have a look

Sponsored Links
I've bled all the rads but found no air, cheers for the advice on 3-port valves I'll go and do some reading. From the other post about cold downstairs rads, the pump still sounds interesting, I'll keep looking.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back