Pump speed change now central heating cutting out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi had a problem where the central heating constantly sounded like running water.So today noticed that if I lowered the pump from speed 3 down to 2 the noise disappeared.

But now the boiler fires up for about ten seconds then switches off for ten seconds then re fires back up and keeps repeating doing the same even when the stat is on full.

Is there anything that I should look at or is it a case of putting it back onto 3 setting and living with the noise.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like either the pump isn't pumping much or the system is blocked up.
Switch it back to 3.

If only it were that simple. The noise should have alerted you to the fact that there was something wrong. You tell nothing about your system, so it's difficult to make a diagnosis. There should be no water noises, so something is wrong.

Sorry its a Glowworm express 100 combi

the system was working fine no drop in pressure got told that it might have an air lock by the pump that's what might be making the noise so when i got to the pump curiosity made me switch it down to 2, that made the noise go away

But now like i said it keeps firing up shutting down would like to leave it on setting 2 for noise levels just wonderd what could stop it from firing up for longer.

It's process of firing up and shutting down is still making the radiators red hot so loosing nothing heating wise.

Sponsored Links
Circulation fault, blockage in boiler and or system. Pump should be on 3. Probably beyond diy.

Well left the heating on timer and when woke up this morning the heating was on and back to normal keeps firing up without cutting out but without the noise.

So will leave on 2 and see how I go, even quieter on speed setting 1 but don't want to push it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back