Pump sucking in air

Thats why I said surrey too, didn't want to open another can of worms :D

I'm sure the OP said its a single impeller pump, though in the past on a regular system I usually fit another 25 gal cistern providing the cold supply direct to the pump.

Alex

Yes its a single impeller, cold is from mains supply.

And thanks for all the help guys.

Sponsored Links
Thats why I said surrey too, didn't want to open another can of worms :D

I'm sure the OP said its a single impeller pump, though in the past on a regular system I usually fit another 25 gal cistern providing the cold supply direct to the pump.

Alex

Yes its a single impeller, cold is from mains supply.

I have downloaded the installation manual from S Turner's website and although my installation method of plumbing pump off the expansion pipe is shown as one off their recommended methods they also show a Warix Flange set up which I shall now do.

And thanks for all the help guys.

Sponsored Links
Don't put a valve on the vent, as Dcawkwell should know.

Check that the cold feed pipe from the tank to the base of the cylinder is not obstructed, and that the outlet from the tank isn't blocked.

...... they also show a Warix Flange set up which I shall now do.

As above, unless you also attend to the cold feed pipes, you may find this is a frying pan/fire move.

The header tank and cylinder are only fitted 2 years ago when combi failed. We also fitted a good water softener as we do have hard water, (reason combi failed) but no limescale now. We have 22mm mains supply pipe to header and 22mm down to cylinder. Rising main valve to header is a full bore lever.
So I think all on the cold feed is ok
Thanks again.

Don't put a valve on the vent, as Dcawkwell should know.

Check that the cold feed pipe from the tank to the base of the cylinder is not obstructed, and that the outlet from the tank isn't blocked.

Thanks I will double check inside header tank, but as my last post all that side is very new.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back