pump to boost pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is it possible to just fit a shower pump to boost the overall performance of the h/w and cold water in a house, the reason for this is that my cylinder and cold water storage are both in the bath room so it takes an age to fill the bath up. if its possible then what are the best pumps to fit for this sort of job thanks

Sponsored Links
In principle yes, but they're called "whole house" pumps. The plumbing has to be right, plenty of advice from mfrs on that.
Check eg Salamander & Stuart Turner.

cheers chris i was hoping you'd reply, yeah just been looking at them online and gathered i'd need to get one for negative head, what bar would you recommend ?

Personally, 2 bar up but nb noise. Don't pump the wc or the pump will be on at night - or put a timer on the pump.

Sponsored Links
is that what an equilibrium ball valve is for to stop the pump from running after flushing the wc..?? looks just like a torbeck valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back