Pumped hot water loop alternative

Thanks all for the responses so far, it's good to see so many good ideas

I think we have:

trojanhaws - Second fill valve in the cistern - I like this idea because it is in effect a timer so that you would always get x seconds of water from the hot pipe

Harry Bloomfield - PIR to start the hot water flow when you walk in the room, so would be hot before you finished

Daveydub - TMV set to low temperature so it will draw from the hot until it reaches temperature, then mainly use the cold

StephenStephen and Harry Bloomfield - leave the cistern empty and only fill it when someone enters the room triggered by PIR. Interesting option and I guess you could just open the valve for a couple of minutes and it should be full for the flush then

Me - Thermal switch and 3-port valve to switch between hot pipe and cold pipe

Nige F - Cold water - yes, that's what we do now, but I want to make it better. Can you still buy carbolic soap?

I'm away for a few weeks unfortunately, but I'm favouring Daveydub's idea to try first. Easiest to try in my case and no electrics!

Thanks guys, I'll keep you posted
Brian

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back