Pumping the mains cold water supply...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Trevi Boost shower mixer. This thing uses mains water pressure to 'suck' hot water from the tank to give a pseudo-power shower.

I am told that it's successful operation depends upon having a constant and strong mains water pressure. Living on the second floor of a block of 70s flats this something i don't have!

The guy who plumbed in the dishwasher noticed a pipe-configuration in the kitchen that he mentioned once would have had a pump in it to pump the mains cold water. It was now just capped off.

My theory is that re-instating a pump here might give me the mains pressure i need for my Trevi Boost to work properly. However, I have searched around and can't find any pumps that are sold for this purpose.

Does such a pump exist? Is this a 'legal' thing to do even (pump mains cold). Finally do u think that this might be the key to get the Trevi Boost working effectively?

All comments very gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
There aren't any available, as it's not legal to pump the mains.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I'm seventeen, got one in my car. Take it you have a dynamo run from your bike's rear wheel then?

There is at least one company doing Accumulators. I've forgotten their name but they're associated with Oso as in unvented cylinders. They cost a bloody fortune for a tank of air with a diaphragm and a nrv.

You need to test your mains pressure first - if you only have 1.5 bar you're wasting your time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back