Punched a hole into bedroom using new drill - wife not been told yet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So bought myself a new SDS drill after years of putting up with my knackered rotary. Probably way too much power and capability for my DIY needs but you know how it is with power tools.

Itching to use it I thought it I would put up a bracket in one of the bedrooms. Mightily impressed with the way the hammer action made mincemeat of our 1930's breezeblock but was a little surprised when the drill appeared to encounter a cavity.

Turns out the cavity was in fact our bedroom next door! Luckily there is a free standing wardrobe covering the massive hole and I managed to hoover up all the plaster before she came home.

Lesson learnt.

Sololite

Sponsored Links
Yup they are like a hot knife through butter!
Seasons greeting(y)

I once drilled through a wall in my factory with a new drill.....and went into next door oil tank.

Very first house I bought and the first hole I drilled, to my surprise, instantly zipped through the plasterboard and got tangled up in the insulation behind, setting it alight, friction being the cause more than flammable insulation I think, frantically trying to reverse the now jammed drill bit and yank it out with a clump of insulation and part of the board attached causing a much bigger hole than needed which ironically did make pouring water into the hole to extinguish the smouldering insulation somewhat easier.

Sponsored Links
First house we moved into, only been in a few days and the wife wanted some pictures put on the wall.
Out came the drill, into the wall and straight through an electric cable. Ooops!
Luckily the Sparks were still onsite as it was a new build, asked them if they could help me out.
The guy that called round informed me that they had held a sweep between them on the first new owner to do it, and he'd won £80.00 as he picked me.....
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back