Drilled through to neighbour's garage side

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I put up shelves in garage eight months ago. Normal brown plugs couldn't get a fixing so used thunder bolts and must drilled through to the neighbours side. She's just seen it. I was in a rush at time and didn't double check this happened.

Offered to put filler in damaged brick. She was furious. She seemed calmer after I apologised. She said big chunks come out other side but haven't seen it.

Worried as she will tell guy who runs the flats and implications of this. hopefully she will just let me or pay someone to put filler in

Sponsored Links
It's a garage not a grade 1 listed building.

Offer to do it as this will be cheaper than paying a third party especially if they know she won't be picking up the bill.

Blup

Good grief I hope to hell you never ever come anywhere near my house or even the town I live in. Actually, hopefully, you are not even in this country. If ever there was a liability it's you. but then I also think you are a troll.

I sent her a message saying

hi Karen

I am very sorry about what we talked about today. My number

078446y56778

Steve

I guess always double check the thickness of walls before going in fixings. I used the five or six inch thunder bolts as nothing else was holding. I worried this happened at the time but am always in a rush. I guess cavity holes must look a real state but no one sees tha

I orally offered to do the work

Sponsored Links
Ask her if you put some through bolts in instead. Nice big washer on her side and a bolt head nice and neat, extra strong fixing for you :ROFLMAO:

Offer to put shelves up on her side..

Don't offer any compensation Orally.

I think shes making a mountain from a mole hill. You have done the right thing.

I would plug the holes with mortar not filler if possible. The mortar colour will blend in or be less noticeable. Having to stare at the white filler will just annoy her years down the line and she'll hold a grudge.

1. 8 months till she noticed? Either it isn't very noticable or she doesn't go in there very often.
2. Big chunks came out but you have not seen it? You need to.
3. Let her tell whoever will listen. Who cares?
4. In the general scheme of things, it's nothing. What you have done has not killed or injured anybody.

. She said big chunks come out other side but haven't seen it.

Worried as she will tell guy who runs the flats and implications of this.
Big chunks - ask any Sky dish fitter;). The Guy - Freeholder ? It's his wall. Worst case, he will get a brickie to remove holed bricks and replace them.:unsure:

How old are you lot????!!!!

===================
Agreed.
Junk deleted

Mod
===================

Last edited by a moderator:
I did it at Christmas. The flats are lease hold. In her rant at 8 am she was on about renewing the lease or she just did it and it would affect it. I am worried about the management company or this head director of flat doing something. She said she would have to tell him.

I put letter through her door with my phone number and saying am sorry.

Still haven't seen it. I guess when I am actually around during day and she is need to look at it.

She's crazy though in her rant she brought up 2.5 yrs ago when I asked a guy from waterboard to turn all of flats water off and when he asked if I should go and tell everyone I said it would be OK. She brought that up after all this time and previously said I never vacuum ed communal area in a rant. She could have asked nicely first time. I had no idea it was a problem. No one else complained. I now do it. She's divorced. Woman about 60.

Last edited:
I did it at Christmas. The flats are lease hold. In her rant at 8 am she was on about renewing the lease or she just did it and it would affect it. I am worried about the management company or this head director of flat doing something. She said she would have to tell him.

I put letter through her door with my phone number and saying am sorry.

Still haven't seen it. I guess when I am actually around during day and she is need to look at it.

She's crazy though in her rant she brought up 2.5 yrs ago when I asked a guy from waterboard to turn all of flats water off and when he asked if I should go and tell everyone I said it would be OK. She brought that up after all this time and previously said I never vacuum ed communal area in a rant. She could have asked nicely first time. I had no idea it was a problem. No one else complained. I now do it. She's divorced. Woman about 60.

She sounds lovely and seems like a stable genius.

Sponsored Links
Back