Drilled through to neighbour's garage side

Sounds nutty.

Re the board fella, he really should have gone round warning of a temporary cut in supply.

Sponsored Links
On a practical note the bricks are these white soft things, so get similar coloured motar or filler. Any practical way of gauging thickness of walls?

Assume 100mm unless you know otherwise
The thunderbolt might be sticking out otherside then. I'll have to replace it with shorter one.

On reflection,the white brick is soft maybe should have not used sds drill when trying brown plugs and just use normal drill setting. Plugs might have got a better grip that way.

She hasn't called me. Will ask her to do so, so I can at least look at it. Put another letter through door. Someone said mention it to head director before she does. Not certain if she is going to do that yet. I think she is

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Just pretend it was an innocent accident. What can they do? They'll probably be more reasonable than she is.

If she uses conditioner, she's good to go :)

Oh christ. :ROFLMAO:

OP; you'll probably find on closer inspection you didn't go right through the skin and I'm willing to guess it's some kind of thermalite/air block. I've had it on jobs where you think you're just past mid point to set an anchor and a 3" patch of the face breaks out the other side exposing the hole. Bit of clear silicone got me out of the **** with it but it's one of those things, can't be helped.

These are holes. She has told management company in case there's repurcussions when she sells. I have arranged to put filler in in two weeks. would mortar be better ?
How worried should I be? About 8 holes
20180728_104736.jpg
20180728_104731.jpg

These are holes. She has told management company in case there's repurcussions when she sells. I have arranged to put filler in in two weeks. would mortar be better ?
How worried should I be? About 8 holesView attachment 145567 View attachment 145568
You have nothing to worried about. Your doing the decent thing. At worst they could ask that you replace the bricks. But my guess is they have bigger things to worried about.

I hope that's a drill bit poking through that hole.

it's a plug pushed through i can see. The bricks must be two thick as the thunderbolts didn't come all the way through. The bricks are these lime ones or lime and sand bricks. They're notoriously soft and crumbly. She's a difficult person and I have white filler but obviously it will be noticeable. If she's not happy with how it looks shall I search for a bricky or let management company deal with it? I pay them £100 a month for maintenance and they do nothing.

The bricks might be hard to get.

The bricks are two thick could a bricky replace them ?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back