Drilled through to neighbour's garage side

Put first layer of filler. Gonna wait 4 hrs before second layer goes on. Tried to get filler off motar and brickwork with damp cloth. View attachment 146328 View attachment 146329 b

She's still furious because I didn't tell I suspected I had drilled through at Christmas and I thought her garage was the other neighbours. It is because I never see her and wasnt sure at time

That's more the reason she's annoyed.
You never even knew she existed Yet she looks to me to be holding a torch for you. What ever you do don't buy flowers as a sorry. She will get the wrong idea. Buy her a shrub.
Or a DIY book

Sponsored Links
20180811_180134.jpg
Geez.
Just thank your lucky stars you ain't married to her!

I am guessing she's divorced. Why else would she be in a one bed flat next to me at the age of 60.

As in photo above I put filler proud of brick mostly (like u would on a wall before painting ) but it's still a bit soft. Do I need to wait until it's rock hard before sanding? Electric or by hand?

She'll give grief about dust if it's using the electric one.

Do I need to wait until it's rock hard before sanding? Electric or by hand?

Yes, otherwise your paper will just gum up.

I'd just get the random orbital on it with a bit of 60 grit or if you have an OMT, that and a delta pad.

View attachment 146363

I am guessing she's divorced. Why else would she be in a one bed flat next to me at the age of 60.

As in photo above I put filler proud of brick mostly (like u would on a wall before painting ) but it's still a bit soft. Do I need to wait until it's rock hard before sanding? Electric or by hand?

She'll give grief about dust if it's using the electric one.

Yes wait until its dry. Hold a vacume upto it

Sponsored Links
Yes. Rock hard or sanding will mess it up.
I personally would use a 1/3 sheet sander (if you have one) so it's nice and flat.
Have noticed with these fillers they can take an age to go off. I'd leave it a week then poke it and see.

Yes, otherwise your paper will just gum up.

I'd just get the random orbital on it with a bit of 60 grit or if you have an OMT, that and a delta pad.

I just got a mouse sander. Will that do? Will cover all stuff with sheets and hold vac next to it. I do a lot of painting so u reckon buy an orbitsl or 1/3 whatever that is

I just got a mouse sander. Will that do? Will cover all stuff with sheets and hold vac next to it. I do a lot of painting so u reckon buy an orbitsl or 1/3 whatever that is

If you can get use out of it why not, but you'll get away with a hand held sanding pad if nothing else, I just suggested a power sander to get it done quicker with less effort.

Only mentioned a third sheet because I have one. But if you have a mouse, use that. I guess if you do a lot of decorating, if you had needed a third sheet at some point, you'd have got one by now. You haven't, so that must be for a reason!

Filler knife. With the sander. I do plenty of painting all the time so worth considering a different one to mouse that I have.

But before that you said "I do a lot of painting so u reckon buy an orbitsl or 1/3 whatever that is"

So you do a lot of painting and don't know what an orbital sander is? Is your other user name Geek84?

6 pages on a drilled hole in a garage wall. :confused::confused::confused:

Andy

Sponsored Links
Back