Punishment to fit the crime

Sponsored Links
A sixth gang member, Zak Smith, failed to appear at court for sentencing and a warrant has been issued for his arrest, the Premier League said.

Would this normally not be a comment made by the police or the courts? Whats going on here, has football become all so powerful that it is becoming the law and the establishment, - football a sort of new 'East India trading Co' a law to itself.

Would such sentences have been issued if the criminals had been defrauding the elderly and vulnerable? I doubt it. Something doesn't smell very wholesome here.

Good god, what if Linekar had been offended - would the judge have donned the black cap?

Not sure if this is true, however a few Americans being interviewed about it on their way into a football match here in the UK said the extra £ folk have to pay here is too high and they get access to multiple (American?) football games in the states for $5 a month. As I say they might just have been mucking around.

I'm not a football fan so will likely get shouted down for not knowing what I'm talking about, however I think it's pretty disgusting that more games aren't available on ordinary tv for the masses to watch. The Premier League said 'there's a balance to be struck as we want to encourage people to attend the matches and not just watch from home' ... aye right, that's why you're limiting games on free telly ;)

Sponsored Links
The Premier League is a premium brand, whether lower league football team supporters, like it or not.
Your not gonna get an Audi if your paying Ford or French/Italian/American tat prices.

I’m not that interested in football but I can watch just about any premiership game I want, live, for free and so can thousands of others.

Your not gonna get an Audi if your paying Ford or French/Italian/American tat prices.

I don't know the figures, but I very much doubt that subscribers are a sufficient cash cow to support the billions that Sky et al pay for PL rights.

Last I heard, there were <2 million Sky subscribers.
Even at £100 a pop, that total is a drop in the PL ocean.

I’m not that interested in football but I can watch just about any premiership game I want, live, for free and so can thousands of others.
A criminal offence is committed once you make money from it. In this case many millions. Simply watching something being streamed (usually state sponsored organisations set up to disrupt the western economy), exposes you to civil claims only.

Sponsored Links
Back