Puppys

The poodle crosses are very popular, expecially Cavapoos, Cockapoos, Labradoodles….there’s lots of demand for them.

But I’m not sure other mixes would be as popular or get top prices

My mother in law has a Cavapoo, absolutely delightful, gentle personality. They chose a home breeder where they could see both parents and make sure they had good temperament.

Be aware these Poodle crosses are not KC registered as they aren’t a registered breed. That matters as registered breeds keep health records so breed lines with genetic faults are not bred from.

Sponsored Links
Honestly, I think yes. I don’t know anyone or see anyone wherever I go dog walking that has a mongrel these days. I think you might have trouble finding them good homes. In the wrong hands, they could end up as bait dogs on a traveler camp. Just my opinion though.

But & I say but. That's is what these mixed breeds are. ......MONGRELS..... are the new black.

But I think that's still a strong point. Too much mixing.

Sponsored Links
People should adopt a dog rather than buying one from an unregistered breeder. If you're unsure whether a dog is for you, you can foster a dog for some of the charities. plenty of Cockapoos need rehoming.
We would very much have liked to do that, but its our first dog and we were advised that this isn't a good idea unless you are experienced with training dogs.

We would very much have liked to do that, but its our first dog and we were advised that this isn't a good idea unless you are experienced with training dogs.
We looked at rescue dogs but it was just after the lockdown and you couldn’t get one.

I think we are meant to have the dog we ended up with, shes the best.

We have had Springers for about 40 years, bred from some of them, usually have no trouble finding good homes and a lot stay local, we try to vet prospective buyers and always let them come round and "meet mum and dad" with the pups we usually require 2 or 3 visits that usually weeds out the ones that we are a little wary about, also look them up on facebook also put their address into google maps etc to check they are not going to a travellers camp, by 8 weeks the bitch is glad to see the back of them, but we get quite attached so always sad to see them go, we arranged a "puppy party" on dartmoor for a few years and supprisingly most turned up,

If you are going to sell them you need to be licensed and I don't think many will pay much for an unlicensed cross. You also have to have them chipped and vaccinated.
I don’t think you have to be licensed unless you are letting the same bitch knock out two or three litters a year, I’ll have to ask our friend. I know when hers or her friends cockers are sold, apart from vetting the prospective owners, they are KC registered, vaccinated, docked (working dogs), chipped and insured (for the first 6 weeks - comes as part of the KC registration). I think they only let their dogs have one litter every year or so and a max of two or three litters in their lifetime. It’s more of a hobby to keep their own bloodline going. The KC name is not always the name you know them by. Susie’s KC name is Juwanna Sunbeam Suzy.

Last edited:
don’t think you have to be licensed unless you are letting the same bitch knock out two or three litters a year,

Why are you calling her a bitch? You don't even know her.

The government will "fully support" new legislation to combat puppy and kitten smuggling, MPs have been told.

A bill banning the import into the UK of puppies, kittens and ferrets under the age of six months has cleared its first Commons hurdle. Conservative MP Selaine Saxby said her Animal Welfare (Import of Dogs, Cats and Ferrets) Bill would ensure that pets were not sold or traded as objects.

The RSPCA said the measures would stop people "making a quick buck out of the suffering and exploitation of animals", but some organisations which rescue dogs from abroad worry that raising the importation age could put vulnerable puppies at risk.

BBCnews.co.uk

Finally; an issue on which both sides of the House can agree, surely?

Sponsored Links
Back