Push Button Flush Stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

My not-very-easily-accessible push-button flush is sticking; it continues to flush until I peel everything back and shake the cable a little. Something is jamming in the flush valve shown towards the left in the image above, but I can't figure out how to remove that valve.

I've been wrestling with it for a little while. If I twist it and pull up, it breaks in half but is joined to some kind of flap on the lower half and remains stuck. Any ideas?

Would rather not have to remove the cistern entirely; like I said, not very easily accessible.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Looks like a macdee flush valve. You should be able to turn it anticlockwise to unlock the top part and then pull upwards to remove and replace in reverse order

Thanks! Now able to look up the instruction manual and finally managed to get it off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back