push button toilet flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.... we have a push button toilet flush and every now and again the toilet keeps flushing instead of filling up, i know about handle flush toilets, but these push button ones are new to me..any help please
cheers
mickcoulson

Sponsored Links
Open the lid to the cistern and check that the siphon is fully locked into place. as they can sometimes become a bit loose or from improper fitting.

Sponsored Links
flush seal is not falling back into place..

I would just replace it, probably you can get the same type and just change the top half, if that doesn't work you will have to dismantle the cistern and strip out the lower part too.

If you drain the cistern below the level of the seal, and get some food colouring and see if water is still passing into the toilet.

If it does you will know its not the drop seal and it will be the seal at the bottom of the cistern.

If so carefully turn the unit clockwise a touch which may be enough to seal the leak.

Hope this helps Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back