Push button toilet... no longer flushing :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I really hope you can help me. My flatmate and I have encountered a very annoying problem... our toilet won't flush!

Irritatingly the entire toilet tank is encased in a tiled framework (from the previous tenant), making it extremely difficult to look into the tank itself, but this is what we do know:

- The toilet tank IS filling up as usual.
- It IS still possible to flush the toilet, if you're extremely lucky.
- The flush button is connected to the tank through a tube of air (or water).

Over the past few days the button has started becoming less and less responsive and it's been taking more and more random attempts to get the toilet to flush.

We guess that the air/water pressure in the tube (connecting the button to the thing that lets the water) out has dropped, and so it's not getting enough to make the toilet flush properly.

Our question is: What can we do to fix this?? :( Even temporarily!

Because of the fancy tubing thing, it's not like we can just reach into the tank and pull the chain.

I've searched on the internet for similar systems and this is the closest I can find (although I can't be sure because we can't actually see into the tank) but I would guess that the long tube is what we're seeing coming out of the tank and attaching to the flush button:

Edit: I've discovered it's called a pneumatic flush -- but you guys probably already knew that, right? :)

Pneumatic-Flush-Valve-MG-9819-.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back