Push button toilet !

the wing nut pulls cistern to pan - but sometimes you get a small drip through the holes so i usually winf a few turns of ptfe thru the washer to prevent it

Sponsored Links
the wing nut pulls cistern to pan - but sometimes you get a small drip through the holes so i usually winf a few turns of ptfe thru the washer to prevent it

yes which i agree.
but i was referring to you said you had leaks with the wing nuts fitted to the bracket.

you said -I have had toielts leaking from wing nut holes in cistern with brakcet as shown above -

and i said the ones with bracket the bolts don't go through the cistern as the bracket holds the bolts. ;)

Sponsored Links
sorry mate I meant leaks through plate type - I usually wind ptfe around washers to prevent the dribble! I liked your idea of silicone through cistern type though. What do you do for leaks / dribbles through the plate/bracket type?

you had me confused then.

the plate you won't get leaks as you know the plate is secured by the flush valve nut and the bolts just hang on the plate then fit into the pan holes.

i know but sometimes you get a dribble through the wing holes especially if you overitghten the wing nuts! so a turn or 2 of ptfe helps!

so how are you getting a dribble on the wing nut if the wing bolt are secured on the external side of the cistern not through the cistern ?

sorry mate no on mine i had a siphon and when flushed a few dribbles got out through wing nut holes !

siphon nut was tight

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back