Push button toilet !

where they the proper ones for that toilet or just standard ones from eg bq etc ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
one that have been on toilets for a while get squashed over time as you know and many need replacing when refitting cisterns but not always a standard size so replacements can be a pain to locate.
so i always try to mark them as to what side was up and position they sat on the pan as i find they tend to be more squashed to the rear where the cistern has been screwed to the wall before wingnuts fully tightened so pulling the cistern slightly backwards.

as for new ones i find sticking a blob of silicone to the face then placing it on the cistern just to hold it then place cistern on pan.
rather than placing do-nut on pan and dropping cistern onto pan as this can move the do-nut slightly causing it not to seal.

not saying it always works or is the best way but it works for me ok.
nothing worse than keep removing the cistern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back