Push Button toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My toilet is constantly leaking water into the bowl. It's not much but definitely leaking and as I'm on metered water I'd like to stop it. My problem is I can't take the top of the cistern off so I can have a look inside. Is there a special trick?

Sponsored Links
Aunty Rain said:
My toilet is constantly leaking water into the bowl. It's not much but definitely leaking and as I'm on metered water I'd like to stop it. My problem is I can't take the top of the cistern off so I can have a look inside. Is there a special trick?

Well where the button is, surrounding the button there will be an outer ring-you will find this ring will unscrew until you can lift the cistern lid away from the cistern-it may be awkward if its been tightened a lot as theres not much to grip on-a pair of grips with a cloth may do it.

i am not a plumber etc. but i believe you push the button(s) down and then you can unscrew the flange bit,

your (i think) is called a flapper valve, and its quite common for them to do as yours is

Sponsored Links
Or,

you may have to remove the button to gain access to a screw retaining this whole assembly. Undo the screw and the lid will come off.

Thanks Breesey
Don't know about removing the buttons, I've got two 1/2 and full flush I think and there's no obvious way to take these out. :confused:

Aunty Rain said:
Thanks Breesey
Don't know about removing the buttons, I've got two 1/2 and full flush I think and there's no obvious way to take these out. :confused:

If you push one in you should be able to remove the other. Then remove the other one (the other other one that is !!)

What make is it?

Breesey you're a genius - the little whatsits came out easy peasy. Now the fun of sorting out the leak.

Breesey you're a genius - the little whatsits came out easy peasy. Now the fun of sorting out the leak.
Thanks

ps it's a Roca

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back