Push fit or compression

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you have a choice would you prefer to use push fit fittings or compression ones?

Are compression fittings longer lasting and less likely to go wrong?

Sponsored Links
Hi Paulboy
I guess it’s down to personal choice really, to me push fit just feels like plumbing with Lego!
I do use it at times to solve a problem where I can’t get a blowlamp or spanner into a space, but if a compression fails you can tighten it up, you can use some sealer or ptfe to get a water tight joint even if the pipe end is slightly damaged.

With push fit if it leaks that’s it you need to change the fitting and the pipe end needs to be cut perfectly square and no scratches or other damage.

Some makes look awful as well particularly if they are used with plastic pipe. One last thing is the makers often make a feature of the ability to assemble / disassemble without tools I wonder if inquisitive kids with a taste for engineering have pulled any apart ;)
Regards,
footprints

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back