Push fit radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know some plumbers in the trade look down on push-fit, but as an amateur who always curses at compression joints, I always wondered why it isn't possible to fit a radiator, with valves, entirely with push fit. Can you get stubs that screw into the radiator that have enough pipe on them to go into a push fit fitting (rather than compression onto a usual radiator valve), and if so, what kind of valve would work (assuming TRV not required)?

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
Why do you curse at compression joints - what's going wrong?

Because I do so few of them that I've never got good at them, and it takes me days to stop them leaking. I know how to do them, and yes, I know it's easy. My question isn't about compression joints.

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
As Charn mentions, you do get push fittings for the flow/return pipe for the rads but I've never seen a plain pipe tail and a Rad valve that then has a push fit connector for the tail fitting. Probably as it's chrome and push fit connectors have been known to slide off of chrome pipe.

You do get the union type rad tails and valves that are much easier than compression tails as they have a rubber sealing washer and a tap connector like union, these are only just nipped up to seal properly.

As Charn mentions, you do get push fittings for the flow/return pipe for the rads but I've never seen a plain pipe tail and a Rad valve that then has a push fit connector for the tail fitting. Probably as it's chrome and push fit connectors have been known to slide off of chrome pipe.

You do get the union type rad tails and valves that are much easier than compression tails as they have a rubber sealing washer and a tap connector like union, these are only just nipped up to seal properly.

Can you provide a link, please? Thanks a lot.

Cheers
Richard

I was hoping someone could point me at something they knew was reliable.
The luddites on here are all compression addicts. ;) I doubt any of them will have fitted a push-fit rad valve to know what's reliable and what's not.

The Pegler Terrier is a respected brand in compression. I doubt they'd undermine that respect with a sub-standard product.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back