Push fit pipe bending

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Mira mixer shower to replace an Aqualisa smart shower.

The house, built around 2003, was plumped with plastic push fit.

Rather than use bends to join the new 15mm pipe runs, is it feasible to bend the pipe instead? To me, there's less chance of leaks if there's no joints.

If pipe bending is feasible, can someone advise on a suitable pipe bending tool please.

thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
These work but you can't get really tight bends with them so it depends what space you got

Polybutylene pipe has a minimum bending radius of 8 times the pipe diameter (15mm pipe has a bending radius of 120mm).

There are no specific bending tools for plastic pipe, cold form bends can be used to hold the pipe in a bent position, over bending can damage and weaken the pipe.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the feedback.

I'll give it some thought. The Aqualisa shower had a long flexi supplying from the mixer unit under the shower tray up to the shower itself. The shower bay is actually a plastic cubicle fitted into a walled alcove.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back