push fit soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to disconnect some of the fittings from the top of an internal soil stack, so that I can alter the position of the toilet.
This sounds like a silly question, but are there any tricks or tips for disconnecting the push fit soil pipe? (as far as I'm aware, it's pipe with a tight-fitting rubber seal.) I've tried brute force, and I can twist the whole stack, but I can't disconnect the y-piece! :confused:
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Go to a plumbers merchants and get some silicone lubricant spray, spray it liberally into the joint, wait a minute or so then try again. Should free it up...

Get someone to hold against you using an oil filter removal strap wrench round the soil pipe then twist the branch out.

Sponsored Links
Dont do it when its hot.

I was putting together some fittings in the summer, murder to get together and then get apart. Freezing cold winter day no problems.

freeze spray???

A

Unfortunately we may not have a choice...got to get it out of the way for the plasterer, can do it at night though! Freeze spray may be the option, thanks for the suggestion :)

Thanks for the recommendation, I've often looked at these, but wasn't sure they weren't a gimmick. I'll go shopping now :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back