pushfit - 10mm to 15mm and visa versa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just renovating my kitchen.

I want to run some plastic PEX pipe (15mm) up the exposed wall, prior to dot and dab insulated plasterboard. These pipes will be the hot and cold water supply to upstairs.

Do i just clip the pipes to the wall as they are, using 15mm pipe clips, or do the pipes need wrapping in anything?

EDIT: Ignore thread title, i was meaning to change it!!
cheers

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yes pipes need to be supported with clips. Are you going to Chanel out the insulation from the boards to accommodate pipes ?

Yes pipes need to be supported with clips. Are you going to Chanel out the insulation from the boards to accommodate pipes ?

Yes that's what I was planning, although wouldn't the adhesive dabs be thicker than 15mm? I.e can I just put the insulated board straight over without channeling?

Sponsored Links
can I just put the insulated board straight over without channeling?

I'd be inclined to insulate the pipes and cut a channel in the insulated board to accommodate things. If the pipes are behind the boarding it will be an unheated space.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back