Pushfit pipe connector below electrical socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We've had a plumber out to fix a leak, and 2 new pushfit connections were installed. One of the new connections has been installed directly at the electrical socket where our washing machine is plugged in and pushes against the wire. My concern is that this is unsafe if it leaks. I have asked the plumber and he said it would be fine. I'm looking for a second opinion to put my mind at ease.

Attachments

• 20191010_113305.jpg
    20191010_113305.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 190
Sponsored Links
Well that's bodgetastic. Are you sure he was a plumber and not just a handyman? Why hasn't he repaired it with copper pipe?

Those joiners are pretty secure though, I wouldn't worry too much about the risk of a leak there, but it's a scruffy job

Unfortunately, yes. An actual plumber. I've already paid for the work, and it looks like I'm stuck with it. Apparently they didn't have any copper pipe with them. I called the firm back and spoke to the head of the firm who of course said it was fine and that it could have been put to the left more. What a nightmare!

Looks like there’s more chance of your condensate pipe leaking (look so like it’s either still leaking or has leaked before). Not the best repair job, but provided they are inserted correctly and not straining should be fine.

Sponsored Links
Thanks folks. Got it shifted along a bit more away from the socket.

Attachments

• 20191010_134949.jpg
    20191010_134949.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 156
Who shifted it, did they come back and make it longer??

You would have thought they would have at least remembered to bring a bit of copper with them 2nd time around wouldn't you?? :LOL::LOL:

(Or maybe even a couple of end feeds, a little solder and a torch :sneaky:)

I know! I know! Seems like I'm fighting a losing battle with this one. End of the day, as long as it's not leaking anymore and the connector isn't directly at the socket, it'll have to do. Thanks for your help and input folks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back