Putting in new double socket with spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I want to put in a new double socket extending it from an original ring circuit socket I'm happy to blank off the original double ring socket as would have maybe too much consumption in one place and just extend the circuit ring to a new socket. Problem is that there is already a spur (running my boiler) running off the ring socket that I will blank off.

I just need to know whether it is feasible to extend the ring circuit to include a double socket which I also want the new double socket to become a ring socket by looping it back to the original double socket ring circuit as in the wiki and also have a spur coming off either socket for the boiler.

In otherwords I want an extended ring socket and a spur from the original ring socket is this possible and how?

Oh this is in a kitchen by the way if that makes any difference there will be a cooker, washing machine, fridge freezer, boiler, microwave, tumbledryer and other smaller appliances run at different times mostly. The double switch I want above with the spur will run my Fridge freezer and dryer mostly alternating the dryer with the microwave.

All other appliances will be run off two other double switches the cooker only needs the ignition for it to be run elctrically as its gas.

Sponsored Links
Well you've probaly done it by now but yeah it's fine I reckon no problem the existing spur would be just like a normal spur taken off the ring mains cable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back