Extending ring main using spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies as I expect this has been asked loads before but rather than extending a ring main, is it possible to fit a fused spur and then run out sockets from this spur? If so is there any limit to the amount of sockets that can be added. I need to add some sockets into a room and extending the ring would be a pain. Probably need 3 or 4 new sockets. Only have one double in the room at present and this is spurred from an adjoining room, so if it is possible I'll change this double for a fused spur and go on from there. I thought originally that you could only add 1 double socket, but not sure.

Sponsored Links
Fit a fused spur then install as many sockets as you want from the fused spur, but remember that the max load on these new sockets will be limited to 13amp.

Thanks Comms. Its just for telly/pc type stuff in a kids playroom so nothing with any big load.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back