Putting the lid back on a saniflow best ????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI
I am trying to get the lid back on the saniflow and it has a nearly central black rubber discharge pipe that seems to fit flush with the Top .
Into that there is an large elbow which takes the waste away.
I have the lid clipped on but...
When I try to push the elbow down into the rubber pipe it wont go very far before it dislodges the rubber pipe and pushes it down inside the unit. I have tried washing up liquid but it just wont go in.

Now I took this unit to bits in a bit of a hurry and can't really remember how this bit was fitted I seem to remember that the rubber pipe came out of the lid far enough to get this elbow in it and a jubilee clip over it.
I can't get the rubber pipe up beyond the lid though and even if it did I doubt I'd get the elbow in it.

Am I doing this right? I cant imagine you fit the elbow before you try to put the lid on? and I'm pretty sure i didn't disassemble it like that but I never know with my memory ;)

any help appreciated.

Mike

Sponsored Links
Update: For anyone in the future who might have this problem.
I think i have it sorted! I did need to pull the rubber pipe out more,it was very difficult as there is nothing to get hold of.
After getting it out to the next lip it still wouldn't let me push in the elbow so I tightened up the jubilee clip round it but not too tight and then i could force it in without the rubber vanishing into the unit.

Hope this helps someone in the future who has the misfortune to have one of these crap machines in their house.

I suspect the lack of replies here was a result of stunned silence that you'd actually dared to remove the lid in the first place! They now do a range of easy-access ones. They're no better performance-wise, but they are at least easier to get apart when the sh!t won't go away

Thanks I didn't give anyone enough time to answer really as so often happens I persevered and found the answer myself in half an hour lol.
I'll have to have a look at the easy access ones though, are they really easy ?

I have just found the SaniAccess3 which looks like it might do the job but I do wonder how 'easy' it is as it looks like the discharge pipe is still the same.
Have you actually taken one apart?

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
So you admit to not taking care of what went where and making it slippery with washing up liquid and still have the nerve to blame the pump because you struggled to reassemble it!

Your Sanibest hasn`t been made since around 2007 and the current Saniaccess may not be suitable to you as a like for like replacement.

Thanks I didn't give anyone enough time to answer really as so often happens I persevered and found the answer myself in half an hour lol.
I'll have to have a look at the easy access ones though, are they really easy ?

I have just found the SaniAccess3 which looks like it might do the job but I do wonder how 'easy' it is as it looks like the discharge pipe is still the same.
Have you actually taken one apart?

Thanks
Mike
No, it's a job I've so far avoided at all costs. If you're going to replace it, buy a Grundfos one - the motors in them are much more powerful so they don't break down as often

Sorry muggles but that is a bit of a myth, please allow me to explain that. You don`t need a more powerful motor to chop up toilet paper and human waste which is all any domestic macerator is designed to do and if you compare the maximum duty height the two manufactures are almost exactly the same. Now where a Saniflo will struggle with wet wipes and female sanitary items alerting you to the fact that there is something amiss the Grundfos will cope slightly better maybe even not alerting you to a problem but motor bearing damage will occur without you being aware. Lastly remember that different pumps are designed with the size of the outlet pipe in mind so sometimes changing the pump will mean you have to change all of the outlet pipe and different pumps have different heights in the tank where the activation starts which is very important if a shower tray is connected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back