McAlpine flexible wc connector to Saniflow macerator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

My scenario goes as follows:

We're fitting a bathroom in a basement, tanked with concrete floor and ceiling. Limited height means I have had to sink a macerator into the concreted floor & then cut a gully for the shower waste to get my shower drain angle as I can't raise the tray.

This means the pan doesn't line up with the macerator, and I am needing a flexi connector to link them.

I called Saniflow who said you can't do this but I can't see why.

Has anyone done this before? -If so how did you link them?
The macerator attaches via a 4" rubber adaptor with a jubilee clip, so a McAlpine flexi to soil pipe are too large, and too small if you remove the ribbed bit.

Can you see why I can't self amalg tape the bit without the ribbing to make it 4" of this and use one?

Cheers

Tex

Sponsored Links
I'm going to make an S from 4" pipe and a couple of bends, flexi turns out to be too messy. Bloody hope it works or I'll have to lower the whole floor :eek:

Don't get too hasty - how about posting some pics of your problem, and maybe some relevant dimensions, might be able to help further...

Sponsored Links
Don't get too hasty - how about posting some pics of your problem, and maybe some relevant dimensions, might be able to help further...

Ta mate; but I've tried and although it will work it moves the pan out too far from the wall; just looks too odd.
Instead of lowering the whole floor, I'm going to run the shower to another flippin macerator, that way I can get away with just making a gully and hole for the Sanishower.

Ta for your help tho Muggles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back