1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

32mm solvent weld to plastic waste stack for macerator

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by dark_knightuk, 21 Apr 2021.

1. dark_knightuk

dark_knightuk

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hey Everyone,

I have been researching this and I am a bit confused on how to terminate the macerator waste, into a normal plastic soil stack I have in my loft.

I fully understand that the waste has to be solvent weld because of the pressure, so how do I terminate it correctly to the plastic soil stack?

I have seen this:
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-mechanical-pipe-boss-connector-black-32mm/25854?tc=UA3

MCALPINE MECHANICAL PIPE BOSS CONNECTOR BLACK 32MM

would this work as a termination point, as you can connect solvent weld to normal pipe work using compression fittings? My only concern would be pressure?

My confusion comes from watching some videos, where they seem to be solvent welding normal boss connectors to plastic waste pipes? I thought solvent weld wouldn't weld to normal plastic?

2. just pumps

just pumps

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The pressure generated in the output of a macerator is less than a lot of people think and can be little more than a trickle at the end of a long pipe run hence the fall required in installing.
    Either of the above examples will work but as always with these videos it is what they don`t tell you that matters!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. Hugh Jaleak

Hugh Jaleak

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    As above, provided the pipework is adequately supported and/or secured where it enters the stack, there shouldn't be an issue. Last section should be draining under gravity anyway, so no different to a washing machine pumping out. A standard boss with rubber boss adaptor will be fine, as long as there is no possibility of the pipework being snagged and pulled out of the boss adaptor.

Personally think its a better idea anyway, gives some wiggle room if there's any movement in either section of pipework.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dark_knightuk

dark_knightuk

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    super interesting, thank you

6. Sponsored Links