What washing machine spigot to attach to 32mm solvent waste?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have created a new waste out of 32mm solvent weld. I have used all Hunterplastics items for this, which are nominally 32mm (actual 36mm). (I know it is possible to join compression pipe to solvent pipe by using a straight compression fitting).

So, I have a solvent weld upstand pipe for my washing machine output. I want one of those little spigot caps that go on the top of the upstand pipe to seal it off except for the part which the washing machine pipe attaches to with a jubilee clip. But, the washing machine spigots from McAlpine etc aren't' designed for solvent pipe as far as I can tell? So is there a solvent weld version anyone knows of

this sort of thing (but this is 1 1/2")

WMF3.JPG.ashx

thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't think I nave ever seen a solvent weld version and tbh I'm not convinced that the one shown should fit on top of the standpipe. I would think that the pipe needs to be open so that it is open to the atmosphere. The waste hose is usually just pushed into the pipe.

Maybe someone else can confirm as plumbing fittings are changing constantly.

Thinking about it, I think there has to be an air break. I may be wrong but I read the op to mean that it would be connected without a trap?

I wouldn't be happy putting a washer into 32mm as they can discharge at quite a rate.

Need minimum 40mm for a washing machine, 32mm wont cope! Use a standpipe and hook the drain hose from the machine into it. The parts you're looking for dont exist for a reason!

Sponsored Links
OP.

It seems you have to either change your waste standpipe to 40mm and hook the hose in the top or connect to the sink trap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back