32mm Solvent weld waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 32mm solvent weld waste pipe that runs under 6m in length of concrete.

The pipe is blocked with wall tile adhesive. Looking for idea's how I can unblock it
Can you rod 32mm pipe?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Yes, as long as you have a relatively straight run.

Was the adhesive excess that was watered down and poured down the basin, I guess there wasn't enough fall on the pipe and it settled on the bottom and blocked up?

Depending on how much there is, you'll be hard pushed to get all that out if there's a fair bit and you can't get the pipe out I'm afraid, as it usually sets as a single piece.

Yes, as long as you have a relatively straight run.

Was the adhesive excess that was watered down and poured down the basin, I guess there wasn't enough fall on the pipe and it settled on the bottom and blocked up?

Depending on how much there is, you'll be hard pushed to get all that out if there's a fair bit and you can't get the pipe out I'm afraid, as it usually sets as a single piece.

Thanks for reply the run has 1 x 90 degree before the straight. Can you use the standard rods that you use on 100mm pipe

Sponsored Links
You can use normal drain roads, but you really need something on the end to break up the adhesive and allow it to be washed out. I suspect the 'corkscrew' attachments for the rods would be too big, although maybe possible to alter it with a hacksaw to fit. Otherwise a 'Snake' may be better for that size of pipe, although I am wondering if it would be rigid enough to break up this particular blockage. :confused:

If the pipe is safely encased in concrete, then a small 1/2" drain jetter may be the answer, provided the internal end of the pipe can be adequately and safely sealed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back