Saniflow compact installation

Sponsored Links
These are the parts causing issues.
Waste outlow with 32mm dia and sink inflow with 40mm dia. Neither work with U.K. Solvent weld.

IMG_2729.JPG IMG_2730.JPG IMG_2732.JPG

It's the elbow siphon.
They used to come all assembled, looks like more time saving cut backs in the factory then. No big deal as it can only go on one way and if memory correct there is a little line up cut out and lug to guide you. If using the basin connection then just cut the last 5mm or so off where the line is. (nice and square mind you).

Sponsored Links
These are the parts causing issues.
Waste outlow with 32mm dia and sink inflow with 40mm dia. Neither work with U.K. Solvent weld.

View attachment 136164 View attachment 136166 View attachment 136167
Photo#1. Look at it carefully and it is stamped up for size of pipe, think you will find 28 & 32mm so slice the smaller section off with a new blade.
Photo #2 Is for the basin connection and is optional as discussed, low pressure inlet connection (for 32mm not 40mm from a basin)and rubber will compress with a jubilee clip.
Photo #3 Shows the floor brackets and all the jubilee clips you may need along with other bits.

Photo#1. Look at it carefully and it is stamped up for size of pipe, think you will find 28 & 32mm so slice the smaller section off with a new blade.
Photo #2 Is for the basin connection and is optional as discussed, low pressure inlet connection (for 32mm not 40mm from a basin)and rubber will compress with a jubilee clip.
Photo #3 Shows the floor brackets and all the jubilee clips you may need along with other bits.

Re photo #1 it doesn't have that stamped on it and there is no configuration that will except a 32 mm solvent Weld pipe. Which has a 36 mm outside diameter.

Hugely annoying!

I'm going to admit defeat and return it for a refund. A terrible experience.

Re photo #1 it doesn't have that stamped on it and there is no configuration that will except a 32 mm solvent Weld pipe. Which has a 36 mm outside diameter.

Hugely annoying!
20180210_110037.jpg

Just got one out of the van, cut it down and fitted it to 32mm solvent weld pipe for you (without using any lubricant !). :whistle:

Attachments

• 20180210_110318.jpg
    20180210_110318.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 20180210_110342.jpg
    20180210_110342.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 126
Thanks !
So to be clear the solvent weld pipe has a 36mm OD and the adaptor 'hole' 32mm and you just stuffed it in?
I just did that and the adaptor distorts a little and is very tight.

Thanks !
So to be clear the solvent weld pipe has a 36mm OD and the adaptor 'hole' 32mm and you just stuffed it in?
I just did that and the adaptor distorts a little and is very tight.
Hand on heart that is 32mm solvent weld pipe with O/D of 36mm and no I didn`t "stuff" it in I worked it in bit by bit until the pipe was in by 15mm, if you can`t get it in without distorting the rubber, soak it in hot water for awhile then put it on the pipe and if you look up the other end of the rubber part as per photo #3 you can see when it is fully in and nicely square to the pipe. Yes it is tight for a reason!

I think I'm convinced!
I do appreciate your feedback.
Makes sense as I was wondering how no one could understand the issue so maybe there wasn't one. The instructions could be better....

I think I'm convinced!
I do appreciate your feedback.
Makes sense as I was wondering how no one could understand the issue so maybe there wasn't one. The instructions could be better....
Aren`t they pictures in colour? It used to show a picture with pipe sizes and where to cut the connector saying that I walk away from Compact installations if I can`t convince the customer to go for a standard toilet with a stand alone Saniflo pump behind.

Aren`t they pictures in colour? It used to show a picture with pipe sizes and where to cut the connector saying that I walk away from Compact installations if I can`t convince the customer to go for a standard toilet with a stand alone Saniflo pump behind.

Yes cartoons but could do with some words...
Do you not fit them because they are fiddly?

Yes cartoons but could do with some words...
Do you not fit them because they are fiddly?
Cartoons :ROFLMAO: They aren`t fiddly but customers moan about the noise and from an engineers point of view there is too much to go wrong inside compared to the stand alone boxes. probably the only model I wouldn`t have in my own house tbh.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back