Saniflow compact installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,
I'm installing a Saniflow Compact (stack issues) and have a headache with the discharge waste pipe.
I need to use 32mm solvent weld for this but the outer diameter (OD) is 36mm and the toilet accepts 32mm OD.
I thought about a 32mm-32mm compression to convert but it makes me nervous for obvious reasons.
Any ideas?
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Why not run it all in 32 mm straight to the stack if your worried about a compression fitting ,which would probably be fine anyway by the way.

Thanks.
I am but the solvent weld 32mm is actually 36mm outer diameter and wont fit into the Saniflow outlet which needs 32mm outer diameter.

Short piece of 32 into appliance with a 32 mm compression fitting coupler to the ABS ( 36 mm tube)

Sponsored Links
I don't really want to be using compression on a waste pipe that handles human slurry under pressure !!!

I don't really want to be using compression on a waste pipe that handles human slurry under pressure !!!
And quiet rightly so! 32mm solvent weld will be ok. (y)

Top tip: The rubber connection piece between discharge elbow and 32mm outlet pipe has 2 jubilee clips, a) Use a 7mm socket and 1/4" ratchet to go tighter than you would with a screwdriver but don`t go all gorilla with it and b) the jubilee clips must be perfectly square.
It is a stupid design and even my heart is in my mouth on first test after many years of working on them.
Good luck ;)

Evening,
I'm installing a Saniflow Compact (stack issues) and have a headache with the discharge waste pipe.
I need to use 32mm solvent weld for this but the outer diameter (OD) is 36mm and the toilet accepts 32mm OD.
I thought about a 32mm-32mm compression to convert but it makes me nervous for obvious reasons.
Any ideas?
Cheers.
Have you checked the water pressure in the room, most important to do so, say`s so in the installation guide.

And quiet rightly so! 32mm solvent weld will be ok. (y)

Top tip: The rubber connection piece between discharge elbow and 32mm outlet pipe has 2 jubilee clips, a) Use a 7mm socket and 1/4" ratchet to go tighter than you would with a screwdriver but don`t go all gorilla with it and b) the jubilee clips must be perfectly square.
It is a stupid design and even my heart is in my mouth on first test after many years of working on them.
Good luck ;)

Thanks I'll do that.
Out of the box the big rubber pipe from the toilet was flapping about loose so it wasn't a great first impression...

Have you checked the water pressure in the room, most important to do so, say`s so in the installation guide.

No I couldn't as the plumbing has only recently been run upstairs and I'm on a tight schedule.
I put in a new mains supply pipe which increased the flow in the kitchen to ~17 litres/min and the pressure to ~2.2 bar (measured with a cheap Screwfix meter on a washing machine fitting).
It says 1.7 bar minimum dynamic pressure in the instructions - are my numbers ballpark in your experience?

Thanks I'll do that.
Out of the box the big rubber pipe from the toilet was flapping about loose so it wasn't a great first impression...
Err, what big rubber pipe? Any chance of a photo please.

No I couldn't as the plumbing has only recently been run upstairs and I'm on a tight schedule.
I put in a new mains supply pipe which increased the flow in the kitchen to ~17 litres/min and the pressure to ~2.2 bar (measured with a cheap Screwfix meter on a washing machine fitting).
It says 1.7 bar minimum dynamic pressure in the instructions - are my numbers ballpark in your experience?
I`ve seen 6bar static reduce to 0.6 dynamic. Best if you use that washing machine fitting add an isolating lever valve so you can control on/off, then a Tee piece with the pressure gauge at top and a length of hose going out of the window somewhere to get an accurate reading.

I`ve seen 6bar static reduce to 0.6 dynamic. Best if you use that washing machine fitting add an isolating lever valve so you can control on/off, then a Tee piece with the pressure gauge at top and a length of hose going out of the window somewhere to get an accurate reading.

I did a test where I fitted the pressure gauge to the washing machine fitting and turned on a nearby tap. It reduced to ~1.8 bar ish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back